The core of CAM (Computer Aided Manufacturing), is computer numerical control, referring to the process/system of using computer in all operations of a manufacturing plant. Generally CAM system has the function of data conversion and process automation. It involves computer numerical control and computer-aided design.
The common CAM software in the market includes MasterCAM for machine part manufacturing industry, SOLIDWORKS for acceleration of product development process, CAM350 for PCB (Printed Circuit Board) manufacturing, and CAM365, a new CAM tool for SMT factories.
Over decades, SMT process engineers utilize CAM software tools for many process related tasks for PCB assembly, the ease-of-use of CAM software tools impact process engineers a lot on working efficiency.
An ironic fact been long-neglected is: those PCB CAM tools that SMT process engineers greatly rely on were majorly designed for PCB fabrication purposes, not for SMT (PCB assembly) needs.
Traditional CAM tools are not only restricting working efficiency of experienced engineers, but also adding the difficulties of introducing fresh engineers to SMT factories.
Vayo technology, devoted 17 years to intelligent NPI software solutions for SMT factories, had determined to bring innovative CAM tool to change the situation. After our study with 50+ process engineers, Vayo finally launched the exclusive SMT specialized CAM tool: CAM365.
CAM365 focuses on high-frequency usage functions by SMT process engineers, and eliminates many complicated PCB fabrication related functions; moreover, we deeply optimized every operation, transformed some of them with intelligence & automation technology.
The Features of CAM365
* Automatic review of critical process difficulties;
* Advanced PCB revision comparison with matrix view and visual reports;
* Innovative stencil aperture creation via graphic pattern selection, automatic aspect/area ratio violation alarm;
* Optimized measurement modes with automatic position capture (center, edge, …);
* Streamlined operation for movement, zoom, mouse clicks (left, right & roller), etc.;
* Enhanced parts location query with centroid xy coordinates import, boosts first article inspection.
This lightweight CAM tool has been proven excellent in saving initial investment & maintenance fees for SMT factories.